Gynecology comes from the greek “woman” that means woman´s sience, On medicine do refererence to the diagnostic and treatment of woman diseases are relationed with the female reproductive system (ovaries, uterus, and vagina).
This Speciality of medicine is dedicated to care and study of female reproductive system, the specialiced doctors in this area are gynecologists wich are realted in care of uterus ovaries breasts and vagina.
When have to go to gynecologist?
Women must have gynecologist consults in a periodicy way to have a good sexual and reproductive health, and to prevent woman disorders.
Medica Center FEM services are specialized in gynecology, this is a medical space designed to resolve your doubts, prevent diseases and treat them, as to attempt to maintain your reproductive and sexual health in an optimum level.
The gynecology talks about the own body knowledge, cares, changes and exploration:
- Colposcopy and Paps
- Mamas exploration
Help to keep a sexual and reproductive health in all stages of life from the arrival of the fist menstruation beginning of active sexual life, prevention of unwanted pregnancy, use of contraceptive methods treatment and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases, amenorrhea, fertility, diagnostic exams such as paps and colposcopy.
There are some moments in life in which you must attend by the first time to the gynecology:
- Adolescence and first menstrual period
- Beginning of active sexual life
- When having or suspects of any physical nuisance
- ITS detection test and pregnant test
- Changes on your body as lumps, inflammation or itching on breasts, vagina or vulva
- Irregular vaginal bleeding and menstrual delay
- Very heavy menses
- Contraceptive method election
- ITS detection test
What gynecological care should I follow at home?
- Avoid wearing synthetic underwear, wear cotton clothing
- Avoid using vaginal showers, they can kill the good bacteria in your vagina and the flora that protect it
- Do not completely remove pubic hair, hair protects your vagina from bacteria from the outside
- If you saw the growth of any lumps in the anus, vagina, or breasts, go to your doctor immediately
- Maintain a proper weight
- Regulate eat of sugar and fat
- Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking
- Use a condom in all your sexual relationships
- Avoid moisture in the vagina, do not wear tight clothing or fabrics that do not allow perspiration
In Medica Center FEM we also count with legal pregnancy termination services before the 12 weeks of gestation, consult our services and treatments.